Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wonderful News

Meredith just had to call Aunt Joyce and share the wonderful news.

Joyce: Hello?

Meredith: Hi Aunt Joyce! [Meredith is now ten years old.]

Aunt Joyce: Well, hi Meredith - it's nice of you to ca...

Meredith: Aunt Joyce, guess what!

Aunt Joyce: I don't know -- what?

Meredith: I got my ears pierced!

Aunt Joyce: Wow! Have you heard the story about when your mommy got hers pierced?

Meredith: Yeah, I know.

Aunt Joyce: Well in that case, I'll tell you anyway. I was eighteen. She was sixteen -- she fainted!

Meredith: Yeah, I know.

Aunt Joyce: So, when you got your ears pierced, did it hurt?

Meredith: Yeah, it stung a little. Wanna hear me play the piano?

Aunt Joyce: Absolutely ...

Meredith: {{Pecking out "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen."}}

5 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Those tales are the stuff families are made of! My hubby and his sister always tell those types of stories on each other. Wouldn't be the holidays without the stories!

If you and Bob get a chance, stop by my place. 22 posts in 22 days. Gotta get my thinking cap on for today's post! I have company coming in a few hours.

Bag Blog said...

Jesse was about that age when we had her ears pierced. She made me braid her hair back so that everyone could see her ears. I still remember what she was wearing and how she preened that day.

joyce said...

Miss Meredith is a hoot. I sure wish Uncle Dale had written down the fun stories he made up with her---what was it, the B family??

Bob said...

Joyceee--
Oh yeah, that's right. It was Bubba and Bernice Boudreaux from Birmingham ...

Yeah, Dale really strung those "B"s out.

Willow said...

Too sweet. Get her to record herself playing!!