Friday, October 30, 2009

Transition

The company where I work outsources its Information Technology (IT) services. Our experience with our old IT service provider has been so unsatisfactory that the company took the first chance it had to cancel its service agreement with that vendor. The new IT service provider will be taking over (following a very painful transition) on November 1.

Today I got an invitation to a Group Luncheon (an unrelated event) scheduled for November 11. But in my email acceptance of the invitation, I couldn't resist the temptation to add:
"Is there any significance to this being on Armistice Day (the day World War One ended)?"


And in reply I got this:
"Yes, but we may be starting an new one with [new IT service provider]."

2 comments:

Burkulater said...

Dun, dun, dunnnnnn.

Not a very reassuring comment!

Mrs. Who said...

IT...the field you hate to love. But it's a necessary pain.