Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Un-Pitted Pit

I wrote recently about the perfect pour, the flawless concrete septic tank at the Water Canyon campsite in New Mexico. In that story I mentioned that Dad, Roy and I were very pleasantly surprised to discover that the honey pit was not honey-combed. Well, Joyce and I have just finished roaming New Mexico and Colorado, and I can confirm that, when it comes to smooth concrete pours beneath outhouses, the Water Canyon job has almost no competition ... with one exception. The walls of the doodie depository atop the Monarch Pass tramway are like glass.

Don't thank me. I'm a giver.

9 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

I'll file that information and when the question of smooth outhouse concrete comes up in a Trivial Pursuit game, I'll win!

joyce said...

I so wanted you to check it out for yourself, as it was still practically empty. Don't take my word for it. But, then we got distracted talking to the most informative tram operator who said folks usually do not bother to ask him questions. I kinda think he liked the company.

Bob said...

Joyce--
Yeah, the conversation with the gondola operator was neat. Some things just can't be planned; just have to let life surprise you.

LBC--
So you have the Trivial Pursuit Scatalogical Edition, too?

The Flyer said...

Actually, they may have been thinking of Scatagories...

Bob said...

No, I think you meant "Scattlers of Catan".

The Flyer said...

Is that anything like "Snakes and Scatters"?

Willow said...

Scattegories was the first one that came to my mind. That just shows what kind of warped friends you find on the internet. LOL!

Bag Blog said...

I just came by your blog via The Extended Table. I loved the outhouse stories. My dad was an outhouse builder of sorts, but further north in NM. We used to tease him about every building he ever built looked like an outhouse. He never poured cement though. Now I will be checkin' out the cement jobs at every rest stop.

Amy said...

You are on to an great idea.

RatemyOuthousepour.com