Friday, December 25, 2009

The Bad Baby Sitters

As Jack Handy famously said: "The face of a child can say it all ... especially the mouth part."

On our snowy Christmas Eve, Joyce and I were given the most wonderful Christmas present, an afternoon with the granddaughter. Over and over and over and over, the young lady sang:
"Row-row-row your boat
Jenty doubt the stweam.
If you see Jonah,
Don't forget to scweam!"


The song, of course, ends with a blood-curdling (but gleeful) squeal, one that would certainly cause permanent hearing loss ... were it but at a frequency Joyce and I can still hear.


9 comments:

joyce said...

We were the worst babysitters. We just could not resist her appearance with arms out that seemed to say, see how cute I am?

her folks were suprised at her rendition of that song. We figured she had learned it thataway. Lauren said it was from a Mr. Bean interpretation

Bob said...

Yup! The worst babysitters ... EVAH!!! O dear, I hope Andy's not in trouble for watching Mr Bean while Lauren's away.

Jerry said...

Our grandsons treated us to a play that included a math word problem last night. Engineers in training, eek!

Theresa said...

How adorable! Merry Christmas Bob and Joyce!

Gladys said...

AWWWW!!!!! Don't forget to teach her Now I lay me down to sleep, a bag of peanuts at my feet....

goes over really big with Priss's aunt the minister.

Bag Blog said...

Christmas with the GrandGirl - a perfect present! Our GGs have called several times since we are all snowed in, but we are hoping to get out this afternoon to go see them.

My friends daughter used to sing, "Howawoowa! Pwaise the Wamb!"

Mrs. Who said...

That is the sweetest picture!

joyce said...

I wish I could remember how she pronounced "mirror". It sounded like two words.

We took them to the airport at 5am, and it is dark here now, just like when we drove them..our little dancing girl with her favorite pink blankie.

Unknown said...

"minger" = mirror