Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chuck Shared

My old colleague Chuck emails me junk all the time. (Count yourselves blessed that I don't share 99% of what Chuck sends.) Nonetheless, here's one that's just too good not to share.

My first-grade students are learning to read. Yesterday one of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said, "Look at this! It's a frickin' elephant!"

I took a deep breath, then asked ... "What did you call it?"

"It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!"

And so it does...



Hooked on phonics! Ain't it wonderful?

3 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

LOVE IT! Can I borrow that over at my blog?

Anonymous said...

Good Grief. That reminds me of a story. Bones was in kindergarten and he got in trouble for hitting some kid in his class, one of the pains in the neck kids.

His teacher called him on it, and Bones said, 'I wouldn't hit him if he'd keep his frickin' hands to himself."

I nearly died.

Bob said...

Bou--
At that point there's no denying where that adjective came from, is there?

Jamie--
As we's say in El Paso, "Help jorself!"