Sunday, March 4, 2007

Good Humor

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon. I just finished repairing Joyce's check register (let no one say I don't love that woman), and I grabbed my laptop for a quick cruise of Al Gore's interweb cyberhighway thingy. That Gore is some kinda smart fella, ya know - 'nventing the interweb and saving the earth from a global climax change 'n all. (But I digress.) Anyways, I was just getting cozy, when all of a sudden I heard it, the chimes of a truck playing a four-bar loop of "Little Brown Jug".

Twenty-year-old memories flooded back - our five-year-old bursting in the front door with news of his startling discovery: "Dad, Dad! The 'music truck' sells ice cream!!!"

I feel so ashamed of myself....

1 comment:

Ladybug Crossing said...

LOL!! That's hysterical! oh.. and mean... but really really funny. I'm going to file that and use it with the grandkids should I ever have any...
LBC